Radford Semele Neighbourhood Plan - Regulation 16 Submission
This document is the Regulation 16 Draft of the Radford Semele Neighbourhood Development Plan (RSNDP).
The 2011 Localism Act allows local communities to come together to prepare a Neighbourhood Development Plan which sits alongside the Local Plan providing development planning policy for a designated area. The RSNDP is concerned with land use and has an influence on the future development within the local designated area. Radford Semele Parish Council is the qualifying body designated for the RSNDP. The RSNDP designated area was accepted by Warwick District Council on 29th December 2016 and is shown on Information Map 1. The Neighbourhood Plan will have effect from the date when it is adopted until superseded by new Local Plan policies or a new RSNDP.
The local community has been fully involved throughout the development of the RSNDP via two drop-in events, two informal 6-week consultation, a 6-week formal Regulation 14 consultation (details given in Table 1) and continual feedback. The output from these sessions have been used to identify the main issues and planning priorities facing the village and wider parish.
This document sets a Vision, Key Aims for the area, with a set of objectives and planning policies that will seek to:
- ensure new housing developments provide a mix of house types and tenures that help meet future housing needs in the area;
- protect important local green and open spaces;
- protect and enhance sport and recreation facilities;
- protect local community facilities such as the churches, shops, Post Office, pub and Sports and Social Club;
- conserve the parish's landscape and heritage assets;
- identify any traffic problems and suggest ways they could be tackled to encourage sustainable transport such as walking and cycling;
- identify ways in which community life and interactions can be supported and enhanced to make the area a more healthy, inclusive community, and
- identify an area of open land, an "Area of Separation" that should remain open so that Radford Semele remains a distinct, separate settlement from Royal Leamington Spa, Sydenham and Whitnash.
A set of planning policies have been drafted to shape the development of the local area (Section 6). The draft RSNDP was approved by the Parish Council on 30th March 2020. The RSNDP will now be submitted to Warwick District Council (WDC) who will carry out a further minimum six-week formal consultation (Regulation 16). WDC will then forward the plan along with and comments received to an external Examiner for examination. Any recommended modifications will then be incorporated into the RSNDP. The Examiner will also recommend whether or not the RSNDP should proceed to referendum. If so, local people will then have the final say through a vote as to whether the RSNDP should be formally made part of the development plan for the area.